Provide your users with the MS Outlook 365 app and configure it using the managed configurations. The Exchange account thus becomes part of the work profile or the fully managed device. Users now only need to enter their password to receive emails.
In this how-to, we'll show you how to pre-configure Outlook via the Cortado Administration Portal and distribute it to users' devices.
- Create an App Store account for Android Enterprise and add the Outlook app.
- Assign the app to the Users/Group/Devices.
- Then click under Apps→ Managed Configurations on Create (arrow in illus.). Please find further information in our help article Create Managed Configurations for Android apps.
- Select the Outlook app and enter a configuration name.
- Fill in the email address field, use a variable for it (arrow in illus.).
- Enter outlook.office365.com under exchange server url (upper arrow in illus.).
- For the username, use the variable for the UPN (lower arrow in illus.).
Note for Cortado MDM! Make sure that the User Principal Name (UPN) has been previously stored in the user management.
- Enter ModernAuth under account type (arrow in illus.).
- Then save your entries.
Note for Cortado MDM! Make sure that the User Principal Name (UPN) was previously stored in the user management.
- Then select the Outlook app (left arrow in illus.) and click on Assign (right arrow in illus.) to distribute the managed configuration of Outlook to the users or groups.
Note! All users now have to re-enter their Exchange password.