Provide your users with the Gmail app and configure it using the managed configurations. The Exchange account thus becomes part of the work profile or the fully managed device. Users now only need to enter their password to receive emails.
In this how-to, we'll show you how to pre-configure Gmail via the Cortado Administration Portal and distribute it to users' devices.
- Create an App Store account for Android Enterprise and add the Outlook app.
- Assign the app to the Users/Groups/Devices.
- Then click under Apps→ Managed Configurations on Create (arrow in illus.). Please find further information in our help article Create Managed Configurations for Android apps.
- Select the Gmail app and enter a configuration name.
- Fill in the Email Address, Hostname and Username fields. To do this, use variables.
- If you use self-signed certificates on your Exchange server (and only then), also select Trust all certificates.
- Then select the Gmail app (left arrow in illus.) and click on Assign (right arrow in illus.) to distribute the managed configuration of Gmail to the users or groups.
Note! All users now have to re-enter their Exchange password.