Do you use Android Enterprise on Samsung-devices? Then you can now provide the Samsung email app for your users and pre-configure it for them with the help of Managed Configurations. In this scenario, the exchange account is a component of the work profile or of the fully-managed device. Now the users only need to enter their password to receive emails.
In this How To we’ll show you how to pre-configure the Samsung email app through the Cortado Administration Portal and distribute it to the users’ devices.
Note! This How To is not an official endorsement from Cortado. We’ll show you here how you can use the Samsung email app with Cortado. The manufacturer is responsible for support for the app.
- Create an App Store account for Android Enterprise and add the Samsung Email app.
- Assign the app to the Users/Groups/Devices.
- Then click under Apps→ Managed Configurations on Create (arrow in illus.). Please find further information in our help article Create Managed Configurations for Android apps.
- Select the Gmail app and enter a configuration name.
- Under Exchange ActiveSync accounts list click on Configure (arrow in illus.).
Enter the following variables:
- Email Address: $UserEMailAddress$
- User name: $UserSamAccountName$
- EAS domain: $UserDomainName$
- Exchange server name: Enter the address of your ActiveSync Hosts/Mailservers here, so it will be accessible to the mobile devices.
Note for users of Cortado MDM! SAMAccountName and domain name must have been added in the user management before.
- Then click on Done→ Save.
- Then select the Samsung Email app (left arrow in illus.) and click on Assign (right arrow in illus.) to distribute the managed configuration of Samsung Email to the users/groups/devices.
- The app was pushed onto the users’ Samsung mobile devices (arrow in illus. on left shows an example for a work profile).
- The email account will be created automatically, so the user only has to enter the password (arrow in illus.).