In the Wi-Fi profile, you can set up your Wi-Fi connection and assign it to the users. Now the users don’t need to log on as the wireless network will be recognised.
- First proceed as described here.
- Select Wi-Fi as the profile that you want to add. The following dialog will open:
Make the following settings:
- Profile name: Enter a name for the profile here.
- Network name (SSID): Enter the network name or device number (SSID) of the Wi-Fi hotspot here.
- Wi-Fi password: Enter the Wi-Fi password here. Then the user will not have to enter the password to access the wireless network.
- Enable Auto Join if, after authenticating himself once, the user is always connected automatically to the wireless network provided here.
- Select Hidden Network, if your wireless network is hidden. Then the user has to enter the SSID of the Wi-Fi hotspot to use the wireless network.
- WEP Key data: When using WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy), enter the appropriate WEP key here. You can enter up to four keys. One of these must be set to Default.
- Key management: Select here the recognized key management schemes.
- IEEE8021X: IEEE 802.1X using EAP authentication and (optionally) dynamically generated WEP keys.
- NONE: WPA is not used; plaintext or static WEP could be used.
- WPA EAP: WPA using EAP authentication.
- WPA PSK: WPA pre-shared key (requires preSharedKey to be specified).
- Group ciphers: Find here a list of recognized Group ciphers.
- CCMP: AES in Counter mode with CBC-MAC [RFC 3610, IEEE 802.11i/D7.0] TKIP: Temporal Key Integrity Protocol [IEEE 802.11i/D7.0]
- WEP104: WEP104 = WEP with 104-bit key
- WEP40: WEP40 = WEP with 40-bit key (original 802.11)
- Protocols: Select here the recognized security protocols.
- RSN: WPA2/IEEE 802.11i
- WPA: WPA/IEEE 802.11i/D3.0
- Authentication algorithm: Select here the recognized IEEE 802.11 authentication algorithms.
- LEAP: LEAP/Network EAP (only used with LEAP)
- Open: Open System authentication (required for WPA/WPA2)
- Shared: Shared Key authentication (required for WEP key)
- Pairwise ciphers: Select here the recognized pairwise ciphers for WPA.
- CCMP: AES in Counter mode with CBC-MAC [RFC 3610, IEEE 802.11i/D7.0]
- None: Use only Group keys (deprecated)
- TKIP: Temporal Key Integrity Protocol [IEEE 802.11i/D7.0]
- Show advanced settings: Enable this checkbox, if your Wi-Fi requires the configuration of other settings.
You can now assign this profile to the mobile device users. Note that, to do so, Wi-Fi must be enabled on the device.
Now you can distribute the newly created profile to users/groups/devices.
- To do this, select the desired profile in the left-hand column of the management console and click Assign.
- Now select the users, groups or devices to whom you want to assign this profile.
Note! You can also assign the profiles under Administration→ Users or Groups.