The Apple Push Certificate, which is required to establish a secure connection between the Cortado administration portal and your users' Apple devices, is valid for one year. It must therefore be renewed regularly in the Apple Push Certificates Portal.
This How To explains the steps you need to take to renew your Apple Push certificate.
Open the Cortado administration portal and select Administration→ Settings→ Apple Push Certificate.
Your Apple Push certificate is valid for one year (arrow in illus.). If the certificate has expired, you must renew it.
- If you want to renew your certificate, tap on Renew Apple Push Certificate in the menu (arrow in illus.).
- Fill out the form and confirm with OK.
- Click on Submit to open a new website.
- By clicking Submit (see above), the Certificate Signing Request was automatically uploaded to the new website and signed by Cortado.
- In step 2 you can download the signed certificate request (CSR).
The signed CSR file is then saved.
- Now click on the link to the Apple Push Certificates Portal under point 3 and log in there with your Apple ID.
Note! Be sure to use the same Apple ID that you used to create your Apple Push certificate a year ago. If no certificate is available, you have probably signed in with the wrong Apple ID.
- Use the serial number of the certificate to check whether it is the certificate to be renewed.
- You will find the serial number above the info button (lower arrow in illus.).
- Compare the serial number with the number in the Cortado administration portal.
- If the serial numbers match, then click on Renew (see illus.).
Caution! To renew the certificate, do not use the "Create a certificate" button but the "Renew" button. Otherwise you will generate a new certificate and all users will have to register their devices again.
- Select your signed certificate request, and upload it.
- Shortly after, you can download your certificate in .pem format (arrow in illus.).
The downloaded Apple Push Certificate is saved.
- Upload the .pem file by clicking Choose Certificate in the Administration Portal.
- The successfully uploaded Apple Push certificate is now displayed in the administration portal: