Problem: Configuration of an MDM profile on an iOS or Android device fails. The procedure is cancelled.
1. The user is attempting to set up the MDM profile on more devices than are allowed.
2. The device does not meet the minimum requirements for Mobile Device Management.
3. An Apple Push certificate (APNs) for using iOS devices is missing or expired.
4. An account for Android enterprise created incorrectly in the Administration Portal.
1. In the Administration Portal, under Administration→ Users, select a user (left arrow in illus.) and check the Maximum number of devices (middle arrow in illus.). If necessary, increase the number of allowed devices. To do this, select the user and click Edit (right arrow in illus.). A user can be allowed to use maximum three devices.
2. For Android devices in particular, it can happen that the device doesn’t meet the minimum requirements for Android enterprise. Please check if the device in question is present on this list.
3. Check the validity of your Apple Push certificates in the Administration Portal under Administration→ Settings→ Apple Push Certificate (left arrow in illus.). Renew the certificate, if necessary (right illus.). You can find more information here.
4. Check in the Administration Portal under Administration→ Settings→ Android Enterprise→ Configure that all the settings have been made correctly. You’ll find more information for Managed Google Play Accounts here and for Google Accounts.