Configure your private iOS device for both work and private use. To set this up, you will receive a managed Apple ID from your workplace. Private and business apps will be kept separate from each other. Your employer has no access to your private data.
The company has access only to the work apps. It may also determine policies that can, for example, prohibit the exchange of data between private and business apps or saving data from work apps to the iCloud. However, these policies are strictly confined to the work-related area on your device. Only the setting of a device passcode can be set by your company via a policy. This serves to protect the work apps and data. Further information on which restrictions can be set via policies can be found on the Apple help pages.
Of course, your company has no access to your location data. Additionally, you can delete the MDM profile from your device at any time under Settings→ General→ Device Management.
Note! Only begin the configuration if you have received your Apple ID from your company.
Open Cortado email invitation
Your administrator has created a Cortado account for you or informs you that you can log in to Cortado with your Microsoft account. You will find all information in the invitation email from Cortado. (If necessary, also check the spam folder).
- Users with a Microsoft account log in to My Cortado with their Microsoft account and then proceed as described in section Setting up workspace.
- Cortado MDM users click Set password now. They will then be redirected to the Cortado website.
- Set a password for your Cortado account and click on Continue to confirm.
Setting up workspace
- Now click on Enroll New Device (no illus.).
- On the next page select, iPhone/iPad Select.
- Retain the selected option (BYOD) (arrow in illus.).
- Download the Cortado app from the Apple App Store.
- On the app's welcome page, tap Let's start (left illus.) and then tap Next (right illus.).
- Scan the QR code from the registration page (left illus.) with the app (right illus.).
- Then tap on Download profile.
- You will receive a message that the profile has been loaded and must be installed in the settings.
- Tap on Close and then on Open Settings (left illus.) or open the Settings and select Enroll in … (arrow in right illus.).
- Then tap on Enroll My iPhone (left illus.).
- Log in with your managed Apple ID and temporary password (right illus.). Now assign a new password for your Apple ID and enter a telephone number for the two-factor authentication.
- The MDM profile will now be installed. You can find it under Settings→ General→ VPN & Device Management (left illus.). Under Sign Out (arrow in middle illus.), you can delete it from your device at any time.
In the Cortado app, you will find all the information concerning your work apps and management. You can install more work apps and have an overview of your mobile devices.