Android zero‑touch enrollment gives you the convenience of contactless configuration for your mobile devices. It is no longer necessary for an MDM profile to be manually rolled out to each individual device through the users or the admin.
With zero touch enrollment, the device will be checked on its first start up to determine whether a company configuration is present. If it is, the device configuration will start automatically. The Cortado Workplace app will be downloaded in this process. This allows a large number of devices to be configured quickly and easily.
Note! Create up to four additional administrator accounts to configure Cortado MDM.
- Android zero-touch enrollment is now available on all phones and tablets running Android 9.0 and up.
- The devices must be obtained from an authorised resale partner. You will find a list of all authorised partners here.
- You need a Google account that is linked to your company’s email address. It is not possible to use a private Google account. You can learn how to link your Google account to your company’s email address here.
- Your resale partner creates an account for you in the zero touch portal in your Google account. They also store all your devices there, using their IMEI or serial number.
Creating a configuration
- If all the requirements have been met, select Administration→ Settungs→ Android Enterprise→ Open Zero-Touch Enrollment Portal.
- Using the Google account described above, log in to the Zero-touch portal.
- In the Configurations menu (left arrow in the illus.), click on the Plus button (right arrow in the illus.).
Now make the following settings:
- Configuration name: Give your configuration a name of your choice.
- EMM DPC: Select Cortado Workplace here.
- DPC extras: Copy the following settings to the clipboard and paste them under DPC Extras. Please note that the entry under "solutionType" must be changed. Instead of XXXXX, enter either "FM" or "WPCOD" here. Depending on whether the devices are intended for business use only ("FM" for COBO) or for business and private use ("WPCOD" for COPE).
- Company name: Enter your company’s name here. Zero-touch enrollment shows this company name to your device users during device provisioning. Shorter names that are easily recognized by your organization's employees work best. You can use uppercase or lowercase letters (without accents) and spaces.
- Support email address: Set this to an email address your users can email, using another device, to get help.
- Support phone number: Set this to a telephone number your device users can call, using another device, to get help.
- Customised message: Add one or two sentences to help your users contact you or give them more details about what's happening to their device. Zero-touch enrollment displays this message before the device is provisioned.
- When finished, click on Add.
Distributing the configuration
- In the menu item Devices (left arrow in illus.), select the device you require and under Configuration, assign the desired configuration to the device (right arrow in illus.).
Note! Only click on “Deregister”, if you no longer wish to use the device within the company. If you have unintentionally deleted a device, only the reseller can reregister the device for you.
- A soon as devices that are restored to factory settings are restarted, the setup and provisioning of Android Enterprise will commence.
- After starting the device, the user must connect to the WLAN and agree to the configuration.